Mentorship Program : Guidelines & tips for Mentors
- Mentors & mentees have been prematched according to registration information & common interests
- Mentor / Mentee interaction
- Duration 1 yr
- Initiate the first meeting, further meetings can be initiated by the mentee
- Frequency of meeting not fixed, averaging 5 - 6 meetings / year
- 2 levels of meeting
- Programme activities: organized by CSHK Women's Chapter, including BBQ Inauguration Mentorship event, Community service, "Happy hour Saturday": Cooking classes, Introduction to photography, makeup workshop....
- Individual meetings : can include office / hospital / home visits, lunch, email, phonecalls , shadowing opportunities
- Stress that Surgery is a specialty for both female and males
- Diversity of Surgery: Can give brief overview of the different subspecialties of surgery
We believe this will be a truly rewarding experience for you.